We would like to take a moment to remind everyone, that unfortunately during the holiday season and the cold winter months, there is an increase in apartment fires.
Every winter season, the leading cause of apartment fires is faulty wiring of Christmas lights that can easily spark a fire on any tree or curtain.
Remember to always turn off your tree when no one is home, and never leave your tree on overnight. As well, never leave any candles burning unattended and always place lit candles in candle holders.
If you use an electric heater or electric fireplace in your apartment, be sure to never leaving it running for long periods of time. Always ensure items are at a safe distance from the heater, and be sure to inspect the wiring before use.
Please make sure that all string lights and electric heaters are in good condition and have no frayed wiring.
Remember when searching for your next apartment in the Toronto area visit www.flagshipcorp.ca and be on your way to stress free renting